Visit the following Web sites for more information about the Canadian and International Nuclear Industry:
- Nuclear Canada Portal
Your entry point to the Canadian Nuclear Enterprise. The Canadian Nuclear Enterprise is comprised of a number of interrelated but independent entities. The intent of this site is to be the best and most comprehensive arms length single point of entry to all aspects of the Canadian Nuclear Enterprise. This site is wiki-based so you can add your contributions to the site.
Introductory nuclear educational material
- The Canadian Nuclear Association
The Canadian Nuclear Association (CNA) is a non-profit organization established in 1960 to represent the nuclear industry in Canada and promote the development and growth of nuclear technologies for peaceful purposes.
- The Canadian Nuclear Society
The CNS is dedicated to the exchange of information in the field of applied nuclear science and technology. This encompasses all aspects of nuclear energy, uranium, fission and other nuclear technologies such as occupational and environmental protection, medical diagnosis and treatment, the use of radioisotopes, and food preservation. This site has many links to Canadian and foreign nuclear sites.
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) makes independent, fair and transparent decisions on licensing nuclear related activities. They regulates the use of nuclear energy and materials to protect health, safety, security and the environment, and to implement Canada's international commitments on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- Canadian Nuclear FAQ
A very informative site.
This website contains a variety of notes, courses and other educational material on nuclear topics.
This website contains a wealth of Canadian nuclear education information, including a Who's Who page and a Career page.
- WiN – Women in Nuclear Canada – A world-wide association of women working professionally in various fields of nuclear energy and radiation applications.
- World Nuclear University
The WNU network – spanning some 30 nations and coordinated from a small headquarters – will comprise highly regarded universities and research centres with strong programmes in nuclear science and engineering.
- The International Nuclear Information System
The INIS Database is the world's leading information system on the peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology. INIS is operated by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in collaboration with its Member States and co-operating international organizations. The IAEA, based in Vienna, Austria, is an autonomous organization within the United Nations System.
- ANENT(Asian Network for Education in Nuclear Technology)
ANENT(Asian Network for Education in Nuclear Technology) is set up to promote, manage and preserve nuclear knowledge and to ensure the continued availability of talented and qualified human resources in the nuclear field in the Asian region and to enhance the quality of the resources for the sustainability of nuclear technology.
- NTEC (Nuclear Technology Education Consortium)
NTEC is a consortium of UK universities and other institutions providing postgraduate education in Nuclear Science & Technology.
- The International Nuclear Library Network (INLN)
The International Nuclear Library Network (INLN) is initiated by CNL Library Services and IAEA Library to support the global nuclear knowledge management initiative and to promote international co-operation among nuclear libraries. Nuclear libraries are invited to join the Network to engage in activities mutually beneficial to all. A prototype Web Site for the Network has been set up to help potential participants understand the mandate, mission and scope of the Network.
Links of General Interest
- NSERC – Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- Nuclear Energy Agency – NEA assists its member countries in maintaining and further developing, through international co-operation, the scientific, technological and legal bases required for a safe, environmentally friendly and economical use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. To provide authoritative assessments and to forge common understandings on key issues as input to government decisions on nuclear energy policy and to broader OECD policy analyses in areas such as energy and sustainable development
- Strategic Insights – SI Intelligence is a leading and independent provider of insights and analysis into the global electricity industry.