Mathematics and Modelling Refresher Course
This refresher is highly recommended preparation for all UNENE courses.
|Date:||August 19 & 20, 2023|
|Format:||Two day compressed workshop containing lectures and hands-on sessions|
|Prerequisite:||Undergraduate degree in engineering or science|
|Location:||Online delivery via Zoom|
|Instructor:||Dr. Wei-Chau Xie, University of Waterloo|
|Registration:||Online registration form|
This is a standalone course providing an overview of mathematics and modelling, useful for those who have been away from academia for a number of years. Unused math skills can fade if not used regularly, so this course will bring a greater level of competency.
This course is not intended for first-time learners.
Course Material (2023):
- Problem 1 Algebra
- Problem 2 Calculus
- Problem 3 Probability and Statistics
- Problem 4 Ordinary Differential Equations
Please note that not all of the materials in the Course Notes can be covered in a two-day refresher course. The Course Notes can be used for future reference. There are a great number of examples that can be used for self-study.
- Session 1 – Saturday, 9:00-10:15
- Session 2 – Saturday, 10:30-12:00
- Session 3 – Saturday, 1:00-2:30
- Session 4 – Saturday, 2:45-4:30
- Session 5 – Sunday, 9:00-10:15
- Session 6 – Sunday, 10:30-12:00
- Probability and Statistics
- Session 7 – Sunday, 1:00-2:30
- Session 8 – Sunday, 2:45-4:30
- Differential Equations