UNENE – Education in Nuclear Engineering
Some of the UNENE graduates, Spring 2014
UNENE is an industry-university partnership which supplies highly-qualified graduates, supports nuclear research and creates respected university-based experts. Research and education are the two tools used in this mission. This section covers the upgrading of knowledge of people working in the industry via formal academic education programs in:
UNENE Master’s of Engineering
- Almost all graduates have told us how much their horizons have been broadened, and that they now better understand the context of the job they are doing.
- Many students view a UNENE M.Eng. or diploma as preparation for their next job with their company i.e., it makes them better candidates for internal postings.
- At least one employer explicitly recognizes the benefit of the UNENE M.Eng. in its job postings.
- The UNENE graduates become natural mentors for more junior employees.
- Their work will be higher quality because they know disciplines outside their own area, and can understand how their work is used.
- The employer has greater flexibility in placing UNENE graduates because of their broader knowledge. In the longer term they become good candidates for promotion.
- The graduates have already demonstrated capability for hard work, self-discipline, learning and self-motivation.